Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hold that thought and other ramblings

So just before Christmas my baby sister asked me to make her a quilt for her bed. Then the conversation started as to what do you want and what colors. She wanted 2 big keys on a key ring, in grays and blacks. So when she came up to ski we spent a few minutes at an modern fabric shop looking at what she likes & doesn't like. Fast forward to a few weeks ago. We were both online: she is in Dallas & I am in Denver. I sent her to look at Fabric.com and a few other places. She found a key pattern she loves. Just yesterday I received an email regarding the closing of a local quilt shop. So I sent my sister online to chose fabric for me to get for her quilt. Then thought that followed it was: quilt as you go. I learned about it last week in a class in Grand Junction. New thought for the pattern is to look for key scrapbook stuffs. And put together blocks with alternating positive and negative patterns. Off to Home Depot, Michaels, and Jo-Anns to see what "templates" I can find.

Now for the ramblings: I am working for a second degree. This time in Sociology, so I can get my Masters in Sociology. I specifically want to do something with Art & Sociology. My first degree is in Fine Art, emphasis in Printmaking. This semester I am taking classes online. Procrastination Nation. Now the urge is to quilt rather than work on school work.

Task list for the weekend:
Finish reading 3 chapters
Take 3 quizzes
Read other chapters for Stats class
States homework
Write 3 posts regarding the 3 chapters and how they relates to my research project.

No comments:

Post a Comment