Monday, September 2, 2013

New plan; new goals

Blogging and posting have seriously changed my way of thinking. Before I kinda thought of a blog as just a journal. Which in some ways it is. Now this "Grand Ambition" has changed. Before I would only write randomly about quitly stuff. My plan is to take each & every quilt I make and give it a post. Some quilts like Sir Duke might end up with multiple posts because he's a beast of a project. But those will probably be few & far between. The point of these posts is to chart my progress as a quilter and to make remarks about what I have learned. 
A few years ago, it has really been that long, I took the process pledge. It includes prompts like: 
  • Do you have any new sketches to show?
  • Is this design inspired by a past quilt or someone else's quilt you saw (link, please)?
  • Does the color palette come from somewhere specific?
  • Are you trying to evoke a specific feeling?
  • Is this quilt intended for a specific person?  How did that inform your choices?
  • Are you following a pattern, emulating a block you saw somewhere, using a liberated process, or totally winging it?
  • What are you hating about this quilt at this stage?  What do you love?
  • Did you push yourself to try something new?
  • In working on the quilt, are you getting ideas about what you might want to try next?  What?  Did you sketch it?



Well, I have never posted my follow through of this pledge. 

So this is a new go. Wish me luck on the follow through.

1 comment:

  1. Can't find your email on google+ please email me! You won something at http://www.intheboondocks.blogspot.com/!

    ReplyDelete