Sunday, February 22, 2015

Happiness is...

Happiness is my second finished quilt for the year and number three is following in short pursuit.

My first finish of the year was a commission piece. 
The quilt was queen sized with a couple of nice borders.  
My favorite part of the quilt was that it was a completely new design. 
I loved the pattern so much I have to make it again. 
I am calling the pattern "Tangled Tumbler." 
It is based on a cross between a disappearing 9-patch and a tumbler. 
This is one type of finished block.

And this is the other.

My silly brain forgot to take a finished picture before the quilt went to its new home. Or even a shot with the borders.                                                                                                                   How do you remember to take photos?











My second finish is this little baby. 
It's a baby quilt for my godson. 
A gal is guild gave me some flannel triangles that I stitched on point. 
Not only did I remember to take a photo of the completed quilt, I also remembered the label.
I think it's sweet. 
What do you think?


In the coming weeks, be on the look out for my Etsy store, Titan Pink Quilts. 
Here I am planning on having patterns and quilts created by me. 
This turn is because, over the last year or two, I have been testing other people's quilt patterns. 
It has been fun. 
More importantly this little adventure of testing patterns has given me many ideas that I am not seeing in the quilting world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment