Saturday, February 28, 2015


I do adore Facebook.
It has allowed me to hook up & reconnect with people.
One person, for instance, is my sister's best friend from grade school, AT.
As if I didn't have enough quilts on my plate, I decided just after reconnecting with AT, that she needed a baby quilt for, at the time, unborn baby boy.
About the same time, Bo Davis had just published her "Dare to be Square" book.
In it was Hootananny, the cover art.

I thought this would be perfect.
So, DH & I pulled some fabric to make it:

Building part 1

Building part 2

The completed top
Once I had the top done in 2011, I thought I would hand quilt it in a continuous circle pattern.
Towards the middle of the summer of 2013 & I hadn’t finished the quilting.
At that point, I was barely 1/5th of the way done.
I decided that I was getting nowhere with it.
So out comes the frogger, aka stitch ripper.
Rip it, rip it, rip it.
Completely frogged and I run out of basting spray.
If you have read my rant from a while back, you know how important basting spray is to me.
Here we are in 2015, and the quilt is still in PhD status.